A Diumenge, 22 de març de 2009, Dario Freddi va escriure: > Hello people, > > As you might know, I'm in the process of making systemsettings+kcmshell > able to use policykit for getting root privileges and bring back the > almighty "Administrator button" (or better not, since it will be thrown > away in any case). > > Though, we have a small problem here regarding multiplatform stuff. > PolicyKit is strictly for Linux (afaik it doesn't even run on Mac OS), so > adding bare PolicyKit support would lead to a lot of ifdefs, hence a real > mess. > > I wrote a mail to kde-windows and kde-mac, but got no replies, so I decided > to go on with my idea and propose it here. > > What I basically thought about is a library with a Solid-like design for > managing authorizations. Then we can create various backends for it (one > using PolicyKit, one using Mac stuff, etc) and abstract the problem by > making all applications in KDE needing PolicyKit using this new library > instead. > > A possible take would be reimplementing this in Solid. I know, Solid is > hardware specific, but since the design is almost the same, a lot of code > would be duplicated. I would not go with solid, also i don't think it is that much duplication, after all what you need is 'just' a class that loads a different backend depending on the system the user is on, right? Albert > > If you think this is a good idea, I can step forward and provide an API > draft in a while. > > Cheers