List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDirSelectDialog change icon size feature...
From:       "Peter Penz" <peter.penz () gmx ! at>
Date:       2009-03-18 9:02:31

Hi Shaun,

> Hello, this is a patch that I need to get some feedback on, it is for
> kdelibs/kfile/kdirselectdialog.cpp & .h.

Would it be possible that you provide a screenshot how the KDirSelectDialog looks \
like with this patch? I fear that the slider will consume quite a lot vertical \
space...

I'm not happy that we have now 3 locations with a quite similar zooming code:
- Dolphin (-> Konqueror with DolphinPart)
- file dialog
- dir select dialog

The code in Dolphin already differs from the code in the file dialog (Dolphin has a \
fixed raster of zooming levels, the file dialog allows a pixelwise zooming). I'd like \
to get them unified before we copy the code from file dialog to another class...

Generally speaking I'm unsure about the need for this feature in the dir select \
dialog: The setting won't be remembered and why should I need to zoom directory \
icons?

> I have a question, also...
>
> Why, in the open file dialog, do the zoom in and zoom out actions on
> the toolbar, they have their text set to "Zoom In" and "Zoom Out", but
> it is not shown.

I did not have a look at the code but I'd consider this as bug.

Best regards,
Peter