List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Summer of Code Proposal - Looking for a mentor
From:       Chani <chanika () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-03-13 22:04:36

> git can do that just fine, afaik. it's used often when merging branches to
> get rid of "work in progress" type commits so they don't pollute the target
> branch.
>
> anyways, we will be using this approach in the plasma design studio tool
> for eliminate the save/reload related issues for people using it.

another advantage of this approach is that then you can save-to-disk without
losing the last version the user "saved" - which would make it really easy to
have vim-like never-ever-lose-any-work goodness. :)

I don't like to do real work in any text editor that can't guarantee I won't
lose work if something makes it die unexpectedly (not counting filesystem
corruption of course).

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com