List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    KIO::PreviewJob pixmaps + Qt4.5 crashes
From:       Aleix Pol <aleixpol () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-03-13 0:40:51

Hi,
While developing an application we've (me and afiestas) found that there is
some problems while trying to paint QPixmaps that come from a
KIO::PreviewJob. Here I am sending a program that exposes this problem and a
couple of backtraces that might be of some use.

The problem seems to be related to the new Qt 4.5 and its many
--graphicssystem backends since, after some research we've noticed that it
kind of works if we pass as a paremeter "--graphicssystem opengl" (with some
problems), it works perfectly if we put "--grahicssystem <anything>" (yes,
if it is not recognized it works just fine, maybe it is the old X11
environment?) and if we do not put anything or "--graphicssystem raster" it
crashes when the image is resized.

Same happens on both systems tested, both using GNU/Linux environments. This
crash happens also in dolphin (when used with the information panel, because
there is a thumbnail drawn inside), same arguments workaround is applicable
(--graphicssystem).

Is there any additional information needed?

Thanks,
Aleix Pol

backtraces: http://proli.net/meu/kde/backtraces
project: http://proli.net/meu/kde/qpixmap_crash.tar.bz2