(Originally sent to kde-devel, suggested there that I copy to this list). Dear KFileDialog/KFileWidget experts, I've created a patch to allow both the "recent keyword" and the "suggested filename" to be specified to the static getSave* functions, which is the most useful scenario for an application. See previous message thread at http://lists.kde.org/?t=123565727900004&r=1&w=2. It compiles against current trunk and it seems to work in all cases (with both modified and unmodified applications) - but in such a fundamental part of KDE someone else should check it and say whether it's the right thing to do. The patch is attached to bug 186230 (http://bugsfiles.kde.org/attachment.cgi?id=31800). Could someone please take a look? There are a copuple of typos in the API docs which someone has already spotted. Regards and thanks, Jonathan -- Jonathan Marten http://www.keelhaul.demon.co.uk Twickenham, UK jjm2@keelhaul.demon.co.uk