On 22.02.09 12:38:21, Michael Pyne wrote: > Subject says it all. Nothing's set in stone until we release ;) so if you > have comments/suggestions for improvement/etc. please let me know. The dialog > is a bit different now than what I started on, hopefully this final version is > enough to avoid "click-through": http://purinchu.net/dumping-ground/krun4.png > I received some much appreciated feedback from seele (although any usability > errors are of course my own). > > Alexander Larsson is handling the same thing for GNOME, and they have changed > their file view to only "sniff" for desktop files that are executable or in > the system directory, and only files with a .desktop extension. > (http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2009- > February/msg00132.html) > > I think it'd be a good idea to continue further on and match that UI handling. > Is there any reason we shouldn't? I didn't follow the discussions very closely and I also have a kdelibs thats 2 days old by now, however I have a pretty serious regression introduced by this: My desktop files in $HOME/.config/autostart are not being run anymore during startup and I don't get any information about that. If I wouldn't know about this and the related threads I wouldn't have the slightest idea how to fix that (doing a chmod +x on the desktop files). How is that going to be addressed? Andreas -- Your boss climbed the corporate ladder, wrong by wrong.