List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: .desktop security changes are committed
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-02-22 20:31:35

On Sunday 22 February 2009, Michael Pyne wrote:
> Michael Jansen reports that autostart needs an exception too.

Well, we agreed with David Faure that it is not a good idea to have
there an exception, as that is a user writable folder and the malicious
website might say "save me in the autostart folder". ;)  And I don't see
a need to make it an exemption, rather the systemsettings module should
make it executable when copies the .desktop file in the autostart folder.

Andras