List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: ksplash blurry icon clipping fix
From:       Adriaan de Groot <groot () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-02-22 19:55:34

On Saturday 21 February 2009 08:24:36 pm Michael Pyne wrote:
> However the blend itself is just a simple Porter-Duff operation as provided
> in QPainter and X Render (looks like the SourceOver operation offhand but
> I'd have to look it up) so maybe we could use one of those instead?

Please do not introduce (even more) Porter-Duff operations into KDE code;
those platforms that do not support P-D well (vnc, SunRay, to name a few) will
thank you for not turning the splash screen into a hideous dithered thing.

Well, I suppose you could, but that would also force the introduction of a
"low power X splashscreen" alongside all the other code that we (= people
suffering under such a regime) already need to do.

--
Adriaan de Groot - KDE Quality Team, KDE-Solaris
                 - http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/