--nextPart2411931.BP9ZTDuYB6 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="Boundary-01=_EgFoJ8QnobADKZz" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit --Boundary-01=_EgFoJ8QnobADKZz Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-15" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable On Saturday 21 February 2009, David Faure wrote: > On Saturday 21 February 2009, Michael Pyne wrote: > > =A0I'm not really happy about manually moving > > bytes around (especially as v1 in my testing today had an infinite loop) > > but I don't trust readAll()/write() for library code. =A0Please look at > > this to make sure I've done it right. > > I don't understand, what's wrong with readAll? kdecore sure uses it in > quite a few places. And it's not like any .desktop file is going to be 100 > MB in size... I guess I just don't trust the idea of "read a effective random number of=20 bytes". I know that .desktop are going to be small but I guess I'm just=20 worrying to much about someone leaving a large .desktop file to see what=20 happens. I'll change it back to readAll/write though just to make it more= =20 clear what's happening I guess since at least it won't be worse than the re= st=20 of kdecore. ;) > > + // A mere half-write isn't a failure mode I care to code about > > It would be easy though > if (saveFile.write(shebang) !=3D shebang.size()) { > ... > } Well ironically I ended up writing the code for that case like not 5 lines= =20 later anyways. :-/ I'll fix that too. > BTW: can you reindent to 4 spaces? kdelibs coding style, even if the rest > of krun.cpp might not use it yet, but we'll get there eventually. I will as I much prefer it but I'd like to do all of krun.{h,cpp} in one sw= ell=20 foop then (it would be a whitespace-only commit). Regards, - Michael Pyne --Boundary-01=_EgFoJ8QnobADKZz Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-15" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }On Saturday 21 February 2009, David Faure wrote:
> On Saturday 21 February 2009, Michael Pyne wrote:
> > =A0I'm not really happy about manually moving
> > bytes around (especially as v1 in my testing today had an infinit= e loop)
> > but I don't trust readAll()/write() for library code. =A0Please l= ook at
> > this to make sure I've done it right.
>
> I don't understand, what's wrong with readAll? kdecore sure uses it in=
> quite a few places. And it's not like any .desktop file is going to be= 100
> MB in size...

I guess I just don't trust the idea of "read a effect= ive random number of bytes". I know that .desktop are going to be small bu= t I guess I'm just worrying to much about someone leaving a large .desktop = file to see what happens. I'll change it back to readAll/write though just= to make it more clear what's happening I guess since at least it won't be = worse than the rest of kdecore. ;)

> > + // A mere half-write isn't a failure= mode I care to code about
>
> It would be easy though
> if (saveFile.write(shebang) !=3D shebang.size()) {
> }

Well ironically I ended up writing the code for that = case like not 5 lines later anyways. :-/ I'll fix that too.

> BTW: can you reindent to 4 spaces? kdelibs codin= g style, even if the rest
> of krun.cpp might not use it yet, but we'll get there eventually.

I will as I much prefer it but I'd like to do all of = krun.{h,cpp} in one swell foop then (it would be a whitespace-only commit).=

Regards,
- Michael Pyne