List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Replace KDE_open macro (and others)
From:       Christian Ehrlicher <Ch.Ehrlicher () gmx ! de>
Date:       2009-01-19 18:38:13

Hi,

now that trunk is open again I would like to renew my suggestion to
replace KDE_foo macros from kde_file.h with proper functions. As Thiago
already set I would replace const char* filename with QUrl --> KDE::open
(const QUrl &filename, ...). This would fix the problems with unicode
filenames on windows (currently you can't open files with unicode
characters which are not in the current locale codeset).

Comments?
Christian