On Sunday 11 January 2009 20:52:41 Ben Cooksley wrote: > I made some more changes to my code and managed to avoid crashing in > KConfigGroup. the secret is to never pointerise KConfigGroup, it can't > handle it. It will crash, no way around it. > That does not sound right. The most likely error when dealing with KConfigGroup is to forget to keep its KConfig parent object around. A KConfigGroup will crash if its parent is destroyed. In some cases you don't have to care about, e.g. because the KConfig instance is a global variable or otherwise very long-lived. In some cases you do have to care about it. Does that apply to your use case? :) Cheers, Andreas