A Dilluns 05 Gener 2009, Sebastian Kügler va escriure: > On Monday 05 January 2009 16:47:22 Albert Astals Cid wrote: > > > That said, I've been thinking if the release schedule policy for > > > kdeplasma- addons shouldn't be relaxed. I don't see any real problems > > > for reviewed and tested code to move there, even after the rest of KDE > > > is frozen -- but until further notice, it's subject to freeze. > > > > I really don't see why kdeplasma-addons should be different from the rest > > of KDE. > > Maybe not kdeplasma-addons, but it'd surely be nice to have a way to > release applets in between cycles, a bit like extragear. What I don't like > about just dropping plasmoids (or in general, plasma addons) into extragear > is that it's small pieces cluttering up extragear, and that it puts extra > burden on the packagers (and we've already heard that it's hard to get > distros to pick up individual applets). And it adds another module to those > that I'd usually want for working on plasma (kdelibs, kdebase, > kdeplasma-addons, playground/plasma and kdeartwork right now). > > So there are a couple of options for those "out of cycle plasmoids": > - So create its own module (kdeplasma-out-of-cycle-addons)? Eh? when is kdeplasma-out-of-cycle-addons released? It surely needs to have a "release schedule" on its own so it can't be out-of-cycle at all, maybe more like kdeplasma-very-short-cycle-addons but are you going to be the one that packages/releases kdeplasma-very-short-cycle-addons each ¿month? > - Put them into kdeplasma-addons and live with lacking translation This lack of consideration for translations makes me sad. Translations should be an integral part of the process, not an afterthough. Translators do a very important job to make sure our products are available to a wide range of users. Treating them as second citizens saying missing translations are ok is not a good idea. > - Put them into extragear and clutter it up that way Extragear is there for those: * Specialized programs that don't belong to core modules * Programs that don't want to follow the official KDE release schedule For me it's obvious that applets that were not done when they should have been to enter kdeplasma-addons belong into extragear. Note that releasing them in extragear without any time for translators to catch up is also a bad idea in my opinion, but in this case is the applet coder that misconsiders translators work, not the whole KDE. Albert > - Keep in playground and wait for 6 months until release > > Am I missing something?