On 2009-01-05, Sebastian Kügler wrote: > On Sunday 04 January 2009 22:48:05 Sven Langkamp wrote: >> hereby I request to remove kformula from kdelibs. >> >> The kformula in kdelibs is a copy of the one from KOffice, which is >> alpha-quality and is not meant to be released. Second to that it causes >> problems with KOffice installations. >> It's very important to do this as fast as possible, so that it doesn't get >> released with 4.2 >> >> kformula should be either continue as part of KOffice or be moved to >> playground. > > Is KFormula part of the kdelibs API or ABI? If so, you can deprecate it, but > not remove it. It looks like it was copied over in revision 862918 from koffice by johnflux. As such, it does not look like it is part of the *released* kdelibs abi or api as in kde4.1, so removing it will not break the abi or api from any released versions. But I don't know if anything in kde4.2 expects it to be there. > > It would be good to know how KFormula ended up in libs anyway, as this would > indicate a problem with our review process (not that I think it's perfect > ...). It looks like it was copied without going thru kdereview, so the missing part of the review process is "how do we catch things that doesn't follow the review process" /Sune