Am Montag, 5. Januar 2009, um 17:37 Uhr, schrieb Sebastian Kügler: > On Monday 05 January 2009 17:00:15 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote: > > Am Montag, 5. Januar 2009, um 16:47 Uhr, schrieb Albert Astals Cid: > > > A Dilluns 05 Gener 2009, Sebastian Kügler va escriure: > > > > That said, I've been thinking if the release schedule policy for > > > > kdeplasma- addons shouldn't be relaxed. I don't see any real problems > > > > for reviewed and tested code to move there, even after the rest of > > > > KDE is frozen -- but until further notice, it's subject to freeze. > > > > > > I really don't see why kdeplasma-addons should be different from the > > > rest of KDE. > > > > Every mother loves her child more than others, and sometimes gets weak ;) > > I'm not arguing about my own code. Just considered you one of the Plasma mothers ;) > I've just seen two very similar cases in > the last two weeks, and I see others coming up as well (namely those that > don't want to wait 6 months until they can release an otherwise working > plasmoid). So please let's abstract this to a general problem and not limit it to Plasma. :) Think also of KIO slaves, screensaver plugins, Kate syntax descriptions, file type descriptions, game styles, etc., all those little modules/plugins. The question is: How can we help with a quicker release of these? > > I agree with Albert. There is always extragear for out-of-release-cycle > > programs. Also think of translations and artwork. > > How would artwork be an issue? Well, in theory some might want to maintain a different artwork set. Due to * cultural needs (symbols meanings) * accessibility (colors, shapes) * or just aesthetics. There is noone doing this currently AFAIK, sure. But it might be better to prepare for the possibility, especially for the accessibility variant. Cheers Friedrich -- Okteta - KDE 4 Hex Editor - http://utils.kde.org/projects/okteta