List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Can't use --nofork for KUniqueApplications from another kde process
From:       Hamish Rodda <rodda () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-12-17 4:33:10

Hi,

I'm trying to implement the "run in external terminal" feature for kdevelop,
basically the aim is to be able to launch a new konsole with the user's
program running inside it.

However, I want to run konsole with --nofork, so that kdevelop remains
associated with the konsole, can track the life of the running program, and
can kill it if desired.

It works fine without passing --nofork to konsole, and works if there's no
other konsole process running, but if there's another konsole running, it
fails with the message "KUniqueApplication: Can't setup D-Bus service.
Probably already running."

My guess is this is because kdevelop's dbus connection is being used to try to
register org.kde.konsole, but konsole itself has already registered it.

Is there any way to get around this?

Cheers,
Hamish.