List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: External SVN item in
From:       Michael Jansen <kde () michael-jansen ! biz>
Date:       2008-09-19 0:03:57

On Friday 19 September 2008 01:54:04 Michael Pyne wrote:
> On Thursday 18 September 2008, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > I did reuse that concept for kdelibs, kdepimlibs, kdebase, ..., but not
> > for extragear, kdesupport, kdereview and playground when I converted
> > them.
>
> And indeed, kdesvn-build has to take pains to understand that things like
> extragear/foo and playground/foo are a single module and not a
> sub-directory of a module, which is kind of annoying.
>
> I suppose I need to start looking at starting kdegit-build? ;)
>
> Regards,
>  - Michael Pyne

We have that. Or better i have that.

http://michael-jansen.biz/blog/mike/2008-05-25/build-tool

It supports svn, git-svn and others are easy to add (i hope so).

It supports svn:externals for git-svn if you configure their location.
Currently you have to specify the target too, but i plan on getting that one
dynamically.

It supports cmake, configure, qmake and qt-copy's build system (whatever that
is).

It's feature wise comparable to kdesvn-build.

The problem is it is in python. Some would say that is a feature.

Mike

--
Michael Jansen

http://www.michael-jansen.biz