List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    requiring cmake 2.6
From:       Alexander Neundorf <neundorf () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-07-09 20:56:29

Hi,

we have now a KDE 4.1 branch and trunk is going to become 4.2.
In 4.1 we require cmake 2.4.5.
The current cmake release 2.6.0, 2.6.1 will follow soon.
2.6.0 has some nice features which we would like to use in KDE, like
-building library frameworks on OSX
-being able to specify the link interface libraries (reduced dependencies for
packagers, this one is important)
-support for cross compiling
-several small things, like faster installing, shorter delay after typing
make, etc.

Are there already distributions coming with cmake 2.6.0 ?

If there are no objections, I'd like to require cmake 2.6.0 for trunk starting
August 4th, so there would be almost 4 weeks left to update.

Alex