On Sunday 29 June 2008 14:19:21 Kevin Krammer wrote: > On Sunday 29 June 2008, Sebastian TrĂ¼g wrote: > > Apparently on Unix QLocalSocket uses QTcpSocket internally. This results > > in a big problem when I want to use it in a multithreaded environment as > > I cannot move the internal QTcpSocket to the new thread. Does anyone have > > an idea on how to solve this issue? On how to use QLocalSocket in > > multithreaded systems? > > On the server or the client side? > > On the client side you could use one QLocalSocket per thread. > > On the server side you can use the incomingConnection(quintptr) template > method of QLocalServer and create the actual QLocalSocket in the target > thread's context. We do this in Akonadi, see > kdesupport/akonadi/server/src/akonadi.cpp and > kdesupport/akonadi/server/src/akonadiconnection.cpp > > Cheers, > Kevin Thanks a lot for the hints. Seems to work. :)