2008/6/23, Andreas Hartmetz : > Did you consider making the name cache even more central like kded or > kdeinit? That should give us more cache hits in some cases. My first try to integrate the resolver into KIO was via a standalone DBus service, i.e. I wrote a DBus adapter with "delayed reply". The result was completely disappointing because of high latency. Besides, I doubt the session bus is apt to handle the slave storm usually triggered by Konqueror. So I think a kded module is out of the question. The location in the application's address space is of course not forced, but allows fast name resolution without much additional complexity.