On Wednesday 28 May 2008, Craig Drummond wrote: > 1. In apps such as KWrite the print dialog just has the executable name as > its title (e.g. "kwrite"). The attached "kdeprintdialog.cpp.diff" fixes > this by setting the dialog's caption to be "Print - ". However, > this introduces a new string "Print" - is this OK? Message freeze came in on 20 May, so you would need to clear it with the translation team. Otherwise the patch looks fine, +1 from me. I wonder if adding the document name from QPrinter::docName() would be useful, or an alternative? There's no guarantee it would be set by the app at that stage, but it's worth a crack. So it would look something like "Print - - ". > 2. The "OK/Cancel" buttons do not have icons, even if this option is > enabled within the control panel. KStyle could control this via > the "SH_DialogButtonBox_ButtonsHaveIcons" style hint option. But can KStyle > use KConfig? Or should this setting also be written via QSettings? Beyond me :-) > 3. When printing to file, the QFileDialog is used to select the location. I > noticed in qfiledialog.cpp the "_qt_filedialog_save_filename_hook" (etc.) > variables, but these are marked as "Internal" (but are still exported). The > attached kfiledialog.cpp.diff uses these "Internal" variables to override > the Qt file dialog's with KDE ones. Are these safe to use? I assume not, > unfortunately, but they are one way to solve the print dialog's file > selector problem. I'll leave this to Thomas, he did point me in this direction a while back, but it was well beyond my C++ abilities. I think he was going to talk to David about trying to get all Qt apps running under KDE to use KFileDialog. Thanks Craig! John. -- Send instant messages to your online friends http://au.messenger.yahoo.com