--nextPart1493043.S8CUZO964q Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="Boundary-00=_75jHIn4dgVUPBQI" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline --Boundary-00=_75jHIn4dgVUPBQI Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable On Sunday 04 May 2008, K=E5re S=E4rs wrote: > Hi, > > I have now moved ksaneplugin to kdegraphics, but not libksane. > > I did not move libksane because of circular dependency problems: > Gwenview -> libkipi (kipi-plugins) -> libksane So basically acquireimages would depend on libksane (which we want to move= =20 out of extragear) and moving it to kdegraphics would make that kipi plugin= =20 depend on kdegraphics? Looks like our options are to 1. Move libksane to kdelibs since multiple applications use it. 2. Make a new kdegraphicslib or similar and make extragear/libs/kipi-plugin= s=20 optionally depend on it and have kdegraphics depend on it. 3. Leave libksane in extragear/libs even though it is ready to be moved int= o=20 KDE and have kdegraphics optionally depend on it. 4. Move libksane to kdegraphics and make extragear/libs/kipi optionally=20 depend on it. This depends on stuff in kdegraphics not depending (even=20 optionally) on things in extragear/libs/kipi though, which Gwenview does. I don't like option 3 because eventually some other library will be ready t= o=20 leave extragear and we'll likely have the same issue. Do we have a set=20 policy for how libraries migrate out of extragear, or just applications? If don't like option 4 because of the circular dependencies involved. It's= =20 just not a good idea to allow circular dependencies to exist. If libksane is small enough I'd say use option 1, otherwise I'd say we need= =20 to do option 2 (or something similar). Anyone have other thoughts? Regards, - Michael Pyne --Boundary-00=_75jHIn4dgVUPBQI Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

On Sunday 0= 4 May 2008, K=E5re S=E4rs wrote:

> Hi,

> I have= now moved ksaneplugin to kdegraphics, but not libksane.

> I did = not move libksane because of circular dependency problems:

> Gwenvi= ew -> libkipi (kipi-plugins) -> libksane

So basicall= y acquireimages would depend on libksane (which we want to move out of extr= agear) and moving it to kdegraphics would make that kipi plugin depend on k= degraphics?

Looks like = our options are to

1. Move lib= ksane to kdelibs since multiple applications use it.

2. Make a n= ew kdegraphicslib or similar and make extragear/libs/kipi-plugins optionall= y depend on it and have kdegraphics depend on it.

3. Leave li= bksane in extragear/libs even though it is ready to be moved into KDE and h= ave kdegraphics optionally depend on it.

4. Move lib= ksane to kdegraphics and make extragear/libs/kipi optionally depend on it. = This depends on stuff in kdegraphics not depending (even optionally) on th= ings in extragear/libs/kipi though, which Gwenview does.

I don't lik= e option 3 because eventually some other library will be ready to leave ext= ragear and we'll likely have the same issue. Do we have a set policy for h= ow libraries migrate out of extragear, or just applications?

If don't li= ke option 4 because of the circular dependencies involved. It's just not a= good idea to allow circular dependencies to exist.

If libksane= is small enough I'd say use option 1, otherwise I'd say we need to do opti= on 2 (or something similar). Anyone have other thoughts?

Regards,

- Michael = Pyne