List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Okteta moved to kdereview; kdeutils coordinator?
From:       "Friedrich W. H. Kossebau" <kossebau () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-04-11 20:48:35

Hi all,

Am Montag, 31. März 2008, um 01:07 Uhr, schrieb Friedrich W. H. Kossebau:
> you may know that I have been developing a successor to KHexEdit, named
> Okteta (no coauthors so far). I have done so in playground/utils/okteta the
> last months.
>
> The program Okteta has now reached a state where the basic functionality is
> working. So I would like to move it (back) to kdeutils. Thus I have moved If
your intention is to move to a main module you must additionally get approval
from the module coordinator(s) who manage that module.
> Okteta to kdereview.
>
> Okteta is completly ported to KDE 4, even depends on trunk. Parts of the
> code are covered by unit tests. I also care for the error reports by EBN,
> always try to keep the number of reports low (the include ones currently
> listed are false positives, need to report this to a krazy person), see
> http://englishbreakfastnetwork.org/krazy/reports/playground/utils/okteta/in
>dex.html All user visible strings should be translatable. I also did a
> primitive first version of a documentation, see kdereview/doc/okteta.
>
> I hope the review finds the functionality and the code quality satisfying,
> so Okteta can get into a main module (kdeutils) in time for KDE 4.1
> preparations.

The two week review period for Okteta is closing on Monday.

Besides getting an indirect complain about me breaking the build in the middle
of the review period by an accident and Christian adapting the code to build
also on Windows there was no feedback. I happily take this as a good sign :)

Still at least some feedback would make me feel safer (I am the shy type of
guy). So really no objections or changes requests? Everything alright?

Beware, I have become module coordinator for kdeutils in the process, so that
hurdle isn't one. Get in now yourself, or stay silent forever :)

Friedrich