I've made some checks in KDE source code, and the 5 or 6 source files which uses a KListWidgetSearchLine never uses the setHidden() and isHidden() methods of QListWidget (even Kopete ;-), so I will commit this patch if nobody has a problem with it. Nicolas On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 10:30 PM, Nicolas Ternisien wrote: > Yes, this is right, but if this is the behavior of > KTreeWidgetSearchLine, it should be strange this would be not the same > in the KListWidgetSearchLine. I could contact any KDE project that > uses a KListWidgetSearchLine after commiting this patch about this > behavior. > > If we consider KListWidgetSearchLine as a base class of the KDE API, > its behavior will define typical use of QListWidget and > KListWidgetSearchLine in other source code, and more particularly the > setHidden() and isHidden() use cases. > > > > On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 8:59 PM, Olivier Goffart wrote: > > Le jeudi 10 avril 2008, Nicolas Ternisien a écrit : > > > > > And now, why not attaching the patch ? ;-) > > > > > > On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 2:40 PM, Nicolas Ternisien > > > > > > wrote: > > > > In fact, there is an other problem in this class, that does not rely > > > > on QListWidgetItem::setHidden() and QListWidgetItem::isHidden(), and > > > > which changes list ordering when a filter is setted and removed. > > > > > > > > This new patch uses now this feature, and KListWidgetSearchLine has > > > > now the same behavior than KTreeWidgetSearchLine. > > > > > > > > > > The problem would be with application like kopete that would use setHidden to > > hide offline contact. You would loose that information. > > (I think :-)) > > >