List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: [Patch] System Settings : Improve General/Advanced tabs visibility
From:       Torsten Rahn <torsten.rahn () credativ ! de>
Date:       2008-03-28 12:02:54

On Friday 28 March 2008 12:30:41 Dmitry Suzdalev wrote:
> On Friday 28 March 2008 14:02:52 Nicolas Ternisien wrote:
> > I just hope someone will be able to find a better solution to make
> > those tabs more visible, but once again, if everybody like the current
> > look, I'm fine with this.
>
> OK then :)
> Anyway thanks for the effort of making KDE better.

I've got to admit that while I already hadn't liked the first suggested patch
I didn't state my opinion immediately as I was curious to see what maybe good
things would develop out of this.

Although I still think that (IMHO) the original solution is  the best one, in
my opinion in terms of design

http://stuff.forum-software.org/kde/systemsettings-after4.png

was the best alternative you suggested (while it still has the problem of IMHO
abusing pushbuttons for tab functionality).
The more recent one

http://stuff.forum-software.org/kde/systemsettings-tab-and-tool2.png

has the labels on the overview button disaligned with the tab labels and again
disaligned with the Search label which hurts they eyes and again has some
clutter to it.
Also the button next to the tabs looks somehow misaligned and/or out of place.
So systemsettings-after4.png had a much clearer layout that was easier on the
eyes.

Anyways, thanks for looking into this issue :-)

Torsten

--
 Torsten Rahn

 Tel.: 0 21 61 - 46 43 - 192

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
Hohenzollernstr. 133, 41061 Mönchengladbach
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Michael Meskes, Jörg Folz