2008/3/26, Torsten Rahn : > > Now the first version that Nicolas came up with increased the text size, > boldness, added icons, increased the "hit size" of the tabs and I'm convinced > that he would have added sound cues to it if it would have been easy enough > to do it (of course I'm exaggerating with the latter). > This resulted in a "General/Advanced - tab" appearance that was equally or > more prominent than other clearly more important and more clicked items which > get displayed by the settings dialog as well. This is bad because over-usage > of bold/large/icon-accompagnied labels is one of the reasons that KDE gets > often criticized for clutter. If every item gets its icon and bold/large > font then the usage of these markups is defeated and you get a clutterful > look where every item on the screen tries to punch into your face in a fight > for more visibility. > I'm totally with Thorsten here. TBH, I find the old SystemSettings look much better. The new one is just ugly and visually distracting. Michael -- Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?