On Wednesday 26 March 2008, Thiago Macieira wrote: > David Faure wrote: > >On Wednesday 26 March 2008, Thiago Macieira wrote: > >> Thorsten Zachmann wrote: > >> >Hello all, > >> > > >> >KSaveFile does not honor the umask for newly created files. Looks > >> > like this behaviour was introduces during the port to QTemporaryFile > >> > which by default creates file with permissions 0600. This is good > >> > for temporary files but for a file saved by an application it is > >> > not. The attached patch changes the behaviour so that the KSaveFile > >> > does honor the umask for files that are newly created. > >> > > >> >Ok to commit? > >> > >> By calling umask, you make the code thread-unsafe. > > > >Well, this code comes from ktempdir.cpp which uses umask too. > > And KTempDir was thread-unsafe. > > >And we never really checked which kdelibs classes are threadsafe, but > > it's not too late to start I guess. > > True, but QTemporaryFile and KTemporaryFile are thread-safe now (to the > best of my knowledge). This change of yours would break that. > how about using a mutex that will also catch the case where the umask is changed while the program is running? Thorsten