------=_Part_23915_31967125.1206575518864 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline Yes, IIRC, it was a request from Aaron Siego to open KDE main tree to other languages than C++. Python perfectly fits in my opinion this request. What is your main problem about this Leo ? Of course, if it was Mono or Java, I think the problem should be different (particularly Mono, because Java 7 is going to be GPL2), but in this case, this is a open source language without any problem, and really well supported. On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 9:45 PM, Sebastian Kuegler wrote: > On Wednesday 26 March 2008 21:17:53 Leo Savernik wrote: > > Am Mittwoch, 26. M=E4rz 2008 schrieb Nicolas Ternisien: > > > > > All modules need porting to KDE4 (and could make nice showcases > for > > > > the Python > bindings then). Mountconfig would also need porting t= o > > > > Solid (it already uses > > > > [...] > > > > > No other opinion ? If you agree, just say Yes/+1 or No/-1, just to be > > > sure this is something useful, and that will help KDE Admin being mor= e > > > interesting. > > > > It looks like Guidance introduces a hard python dependency into KDE. I > > don't particularly like that. Is there any precedent that justifies a > hard > > runtime python dependency? > > No, it'd be the first. IIRC, it was talked about some time ago though tha= t > this is actually wanted. (Granted, not for core apps, but in general to > open > up more for non-C++ languages and developers.) > -- > sebas > > http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org | GPG Key ID: 9119 0EF9 > ------=_Part_23915_31967125.1206575518864 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline Yes, IIRC, it was a request from Aaron Siego to open KDE main tree to other= languages than C++. Python perfectly fits in my opinion this request. What= is your main problem about this Leo ? Of course, if it was Mono or Java, I= think the problem should be different (particularly Mono, because Java 7 i= s going to be GPL2), but in this case, this is a open source language witho= ut any problem, and really well supported.

--

------=_Part_23915_31967125.1206575518864--