No other opinion ? If you agree, just say Yes/+1 or No/-1, just to be sure this is something useful, and that will help KDE Admin being more interesting. On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 1:51 PM, Nicolas Ternisien wrote: > Fine ! I'm happy to see it's not a problem for you. Of course, > Guidance will follow the classical integration way of any KDE apps > (kdereview again, ...) > > I have no problem to also give an hand to port it to KDE 4 when this > will be planned. We just have to wait that everybody agrees and the > moment to start this. > > > > On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 11:57 AM, Sebastian Kuegler wrote: > > On Tuesday 25 March 2008 10:35:05 Nicolas Ternisien wrote: > > > - The approval of main developers of Guidance > > > > I wouldn't have a problem with them moving into KDE Admin. The largest barrier > > currently is probably the KDE4 Port. Also, guidance needs testing before > > integration is done, just shipping it with some distro without making sure it > > works is not a good idea. > > > > Guidance is supposed to be working well on Debian, Kubuntu, it has originally > > been written on Mandriva (but with distro-independance in mind) so that > > should work as well (modulo bugs and things that may have changed under the > > hood). The code is designed so new platforms can be supported easily, some > > will work out of the box or with very minor changes. > > > > All modules need porting to KDE4 (and could make nice showcases for the Python > > bindings then). Mountconfig would also need porting to Solid (it already uses > > HAL), Userconfig at this point only supports PAM (although I've once started > > to add LDAP support to it.) Displayconfig doesn't currently know about xrandr > > 1.2 and all the dynamic stuff. Serviceconfig suffers a bit from the recent > > variety of init systems, for example it hasn't been ported completely to > > Ubuntu's upstart. It does work with Debian's system, and I also ported it to > > work well with Gentoo. > > > > On the upside, the modules' code is fairly clean and probably not too much of > > a pain to work on. > > > > Unfortunately, lately I only rarely find the time to hack on Guidance, and > > it's not likely to change in a short timeframe. > > -- > > sebas > > > > http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org | GPG Key ID: 9119 0EF9 > > >