List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [Patch] System Settings : Improve General/Advanced tabs visibility
From:       "Peter Penz" <peter.penz () gmx ! at>
Date:       2008-03-20 15:27:02

> Hi,
>
> The patch has been commited, without adding icon in the tab bar.
>
> http://stuff.forum-software.org/kde/system-settings-before.png
> http://stuff.forum-software.org/kde/system-settings-after.png
>
> We would like to have the artists and usability opinion about adding
> or not the icons (in the after.png screenshot) in the tab bar, of
> course, different from the currently selected in the screenshot.

One additional question for the Oxygen team: As far as I've seen it has not been \
discussed yet whether removing the tab-content-frame in "after" is an improvement to \
the "before" state.

With the current implementation of the Oxygen style removing the tab-content-frame \
leads to an optical issue regarding the sunken/raised borders:

- The tab content (= white area) is sunken one level below the window level.

- The active tab (= "General") is raised one level above the window level. But on the \
right side of the tabs the separator just flows into the window level content, which \
is not possible. Also the the bottom-left border of the active tab contains a small \
hole that indicates that the tab is on the same level as the window.

If an Oxygen artist would send me a screenshot how a frame-less tab should look like, \
I would fix this in the Oxygen style (for sure I'd ask Casper Boemann before \
committing anything).

Anyhow I just wanted to add this point here, as the optical issue bothers me since \
quite a long time in the Konsole window already ;-)

Peter