Thiago Macieira schrieb: > On Tuesday 11 March 2008 10:52:14 David Faure wrote: > >> On Saturday 08 March 2008, Thiago Macieira wrote: >> >>> David Faure wrote: >>> >>>>> No. The next best option is still patching Qt, even if TT doesn't >>>>> give a damn about the patch. That's their problem, not ours, and >>>>> there's no point in complicating our lives by adding a duplicate >>>>> function in kdelibs. Qt-copy/patches is not only for patches TT like, >>>>> it's also for patches they don't like. Why do you think Qt3-based >>>>> qt-copy patches has so many so old patches? >>>>> >>>> API additions are a big no-no though. >>>> >>> We're talking about making an already-existing static function a lot >>> faster. I think it qualifies. >>> >> Ralf said >> "The patch is appended. It adds >> static bool QFileInfo::isAbsolute(const QString &path); >> static bool QFileInfo::isRelative(const QString &path); >> [...]" >> >> That's new API, which can't go into qt-copy only if TT doesn't want it, >> otherwise KDE will never compile with official versions of Qt, that's what >> I meant. But apparently you guys at TT are okay with this patch so this >> isn't a problem, I was only replying to "qt-copy/patches is also for >> patches TT doesn't like": not if they add API. >> > > That's because Ralf designed the patch like that. He didn't have to add new > API. > The QFileInfo methods are for convencience and because the previous QDir::isRelativePath() uses QFileInfo too. Only the QFSFileEngine::isRelativePath() and QFSFileEngine::isAbsolutePath() are really required. If necessary I can update the patch. > Anyways, I'm in the middle of testing the patch. Unfortunately, the QDir unit > tests we have did not work on my machine, so I needed to fix them in order to > get a baseline for comparison. > > is it located in the public qt sources ? Ralf