List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Call for help on inotify replacement for non-Linux
From:       Sebastian =?iso-8859-1?q?Tr=FCg?= <strueg () mandriva ! com>
Date:       2008-03-03 16:31:47

For nepomuk I implemented a kded module that monitors file operations like
rename and delete and updates the metadata accordingly. The problem is that
it depends on inotify which is linux-only. Sadly I cannot use KFileWatch
since I need move signals that include both the source and the dest URL.

Question is: how can this be implemented for WIN or MAC and can we extend
KDirWatch to emit these signals and who can help with that?

Thanks,
Sebastian