Hi, Thanks everybody, I've finally found the problem (ouch, 4 hours lost...) and kcm_cron is now displayed in systemsettings. You were right, this was because there was something wrong with my system (bad paths and symbolic links). So I think the rewritten of KCron should finish soon, as the porting to KCModule was one of the last step. Cheers ! Nicolas On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 2:43 PM, Carlo wrote: > > On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 2:18 PM, Nicolas Ternisien > wrote: > > Hi, > > > > I'm actually trying to convert KCron application into a KCModule to > > integrate it into System Settings. > > > > http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdeadmin/kcron/ > > > > The code is compiling, and the service is called kcm_cron. I'm > > unfortunately unable to add it to System Settings. I thought it was > > due to some needed parameters in kcm_cron.desktop > > (X-KDE-System-Settings-Parent-Category=notifications), but it does not > > change anything. Please note that notifications category is for test > > only. > > > > I've tried all possible additional commands : database update > > (kbuildsycoca4), a menu update (update-menus), a library update > > (ldconfig) as root. > > > > Of course, the widget is not integrated into the KCModule, but if it > > was loaded, I could at least see the kDebug() message in the > > systemsettings logs, but this is not the case. > > > > So, is their a solution, or something wrong in the kcm_ configurations > > files to let it be displayed in system settings ? > > > > I just compiled kcron and it's under notifications in systemsettings, > you should have something wrong in your system >