On 17.02.08 11:33:35, James Richard Tyrer wrote: > I understand that KDE TRUNK now requires Qt >= 4.4.0 although I didn't > see an actual announcement to that effect on the list. The switch to Qt4.4 on trunk/qt-copy was announced last thursday or friday and it was also announced that the dependecy wasn't going to be done for a few days so people have some time to update their builds. > However, I find that: > > The CMake scripts do not check for this. > > The README files do not say that 4.4 is required and where to > get it. > > This has resulted in totally unnecessary bug reports (and duplicates) > and will probably result in more. No, its good now. > This should be fixed ASAP. Actually, it should have been fixed before > any code dependent on Qt-4.4.x was committed. > > This is unprofessional quality management. Looks like somebody made a mistake, good you never make mistakes. BTW: the kde-devel IRC channel already mentions the dependecy since 24 hours. Andreas -- If you sow your wild oats, hope for a crop failure.