On 05.02.08 10:02:10, Torsten Rahn wrote: > On Tuesday 05 February 2008 00:02:14 Richard Hartmann wrote: > > On Feb 4, 2008 7:32 PM, Marcel Partap wrote: > > > benchmark on-the-fly SVG (caching doesn't make sense with this does it?) > > > rendering displaying KDialogs ;) > > The last dialogues you want to use up extra CPU cycles are warnings and > > errors. If you were being serious, that idea is, imo, not very good. Sorry. > > This is 2008 and if you worry about something that might add maybe ten > milliseconds once the dialog pops up then I'd suggest to optimize elsewhere > first. :-) Unfortunately rendering an SVG is not somewhere around 10 milliseconds, especially when the .svg file needs to be parsed first. Its more like a couple of seconds - at least on my 1.4GHz Centrino laptop. Andreas -- You will be surprised by a loud noise.