List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    qt-copy patch 0180
From:       Rex Dieter <rdieter () math ! unl ! edu>
Date:       2008-01-29 15:13:56

Just found out today that patch 0180 makes some quasi-BIC changes, one
example is that libplasma built against it acquires new symbols.

Further, noticed in its header,
qt-bugs@ issue : none yet
Trolltech task ID : none
bugs.kde.org number : none
which implies no attempt to upstream the issue/patch has been made yet.  Why
not?

Now, I don't mind applying patches that are purely fixes and/or are on-track
to being upstreamed, but otherwise, it gives me pause.

-- Rex