List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE and the executable bit
From:       Alex =?utf-8?q?D=C4=83nil=C4=83?= <alex.danila () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-01-26 22:38:11

 I think this is a tricky one. For the moment I don't have a KDE 4 anymore,
but in Konqueror from KDE 3 I like having files opened instead of executed.
There's more to it than my liking of having scripts opened and not executed:
1. executables are run in the home directory (with Konqueror 3.5.5 at least),
they should run in their directory
2. usualy those files don't have a GUI, and when I click something I would
expect some visual thing to ask me for a command. I have a few .sh files I
use for (re)starting services, and the action will happen for the ones that
don't need root privileges. But I have no visual feedback, maybe I clicked a
script that restarts my computer in 5 minute and I have no idea.

I don't know which is the more desirable behaviour though.

Pe data de Sîm 26 Ian 2008 22:58, Andras Mantia a scris:

--
regards
Alex Dănilă