Kevin Ottens wrote: > Le jeudi 10 janvier 2008, nf2 a écrit : > >> This patch extends the KProtocolInfo system to accept a special >> Multi-Protocol IO-Slave: >> [...] >> > > The patch itself looks fine code wise. That said... > > >> [...] >> This patch has no effect on the behavior of KIO unless a Multi-Protocol >> IO-Slave .protocol file is installed. The aim of this patch is to allow >> to develop and test bridging into a cross-desktop network-transparency >> library without having to recompile or repackage kdelibs/kdebase >> (without having to remove .protocol files of the original IO slaves). >> > > If that's the only purpose of this patch, I'm not exactly hot to commit it in > kdelibs. I think it should be maintained in a kdelibs branch you could use > for your experiments, or as a patch in the same directory than your ioslave. > > > Ok. The patch for enabling multi-protocol slave support is here now: http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/ioslaves/kio-giobridge/patches/ regards, Norbert