List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Triaging aRTS bugs
From:       "George Goldberg" <grundleborg () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2008-01-07 12:43:56

On Jan 7, 2008 8:16 PM, Matt Rogers <mattr@kde.org> wrote:

> On Jan 6, 2008, at 11:31 PM, George Goldberg wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am trying to help with triaging out what cruft I can from
> > bugs.kde.org
> > and am wondering what the best approach to take is with 'arts' bugs.
> >
> > As far as I am aware (please correct me if any of this is wrong),
> > its unmaintained and pretty much dead. and, since phonon has replaced
> > it for KDE 4, its unlikely to be revived.
> >
> > Assuming the above is correct, I propose that each of the bugs and
> > feature
> > requests filed on bugs.kde.org for arts should either be reassigned to
> > phonon, or closed (depending on whether they are relevant to phonon or
> > not, since many of them will not be... since phonon != a sound
> > server).
> >
> > I am also volunteering to do this :-)
> >
> > Before I start, are there any objections or suggestions for
> > a better way of going about this?
> >
> > George
>

> The best approach to take for arts bugs is to do nothing. arts is not
> phonon and so moving those bugs from arts to phonon is not the
> correct thing to do IMHO.
>
> If you want to help triage bugs, the triage a maintained component.

Yeah, that's what I'm mainly doing. But when I'm digging through
the older bugs in bugzilla there are always arts bugs cropping up.
I just thought that it might be possible, given its situation, to do
something about them once and for all.

I agree that allocating them all to phonon is not the right
approach, but are we ready to just close them, or is
there still a big enough possibility that some features might be
implemented or some more bugs fixed to be worth leaving
them alone for now?