List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Global shortcuts are saved with their text-name and not their
From:       Christian Esken <esken () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-12-30 12:45:18

Hello,

global shortcuts are saved with their text set with action->setText(), instead of \
their action name. This is reflected in ~/.kde/share/config/kglobalshortcutsrc [1]. \
As far as I understand it, this as a bug. Am I right here?

This has an impact especially on KMix. For example the "increase volume"action can be \
applied to arbitrary controls (e.g. CD, PCM, Master), so the actions need to have \
distinct names (using a prefix in the style of "controlID@soundcardID"):

   QString increaseVolumeString = QString("Increase volume %1").arg( actionSuffix );  \
// e.g. actionSuffic == "PCM:0@ALSA::USB_Audio:1"  KAction *a = \
_mdwPopupActions->addAction( increaseVolumeString );  a->setText( i18n( "Increase \
Volume" ) );

I cam across this when trying to understand why setting global shortcuts in KMix \
behaves so strange and unreliable. Obviously I don't want to present the user a label \
like "Increase volume PCM:0@ALSA::USB_Audio:1". Any ideas here?

  Christian

[1] ~/.kde/share/config/kglobalshortcutsrc

Current state (wrong?):
[KDE Global Shortcuts]
kmix\x01Increase Volume=Ctrl+Shift+I

It should be instead (e.g.):