[don't cut attributions] On Sun, Dec 23, 2007 at 09:37:17AM -0500, Jaison Lee wrote: > > > > > # define kDebug if (1); else kDebug > > > > > > > uhm, no, not really. notice that the kDebug is in the else branch of > > an always true condition, i.e., it will be completely eliminated by > > the compiler after the syntax check. just removing the if works as > > such, but generates quite some code just for the purpose of sending > > messages down the drain ... > > I'm forced to wonder if you actually looked at the patch before > sending this. > nooo, of course not! i always dismiss stuff without even looking at it. > If you did, then I have no idea what you are talking about. > what exactly does "if (1); else ..." look like to you? -- Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into your ~/.signature, please! -- Confusion, chaos, panic - my work here is done.