hoi, kdm is currently broken for non-debug builds (this became apparent after the recent build system changes). the reason is kdm doing this: QDebug ds = kDebug(); and this utter magic in kdebug.h: #if !defined(KDE_NO_DEBUG_OUTPUT) # define kDebug KDebug(QtDebugMsg, __FILE__, __LINE__, # Q_FUNC_INFO) #else # define kDebug if (1); else kDebug #endif i sort of think kdm is doing something that can be expected to actually work. so ... this can be properly solved by inlining kDebugDevNull() to return a fully inline KNoDebugStream like it was in kde3 and how QDebug does. somebody wants to take care of this? :} btw, the kd* functions are in a #if 1 || defined(KDE3_SUPPORT) - we want to change that before the release, right? -- Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into your ~/.signature, please! -- Confusion, chaos, panic - my work here is done.