List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Closing all bugs?
From:       Christian Esken <esken () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-12-13 10:09:46

Am Montag, 10. Dezember 2007 schrieb Bram Schoenmakers:
> Hi,
>
> As you may have read on my blog post [1] I suggest (after Tom's attempts) to
> close all bugs, not wishes, in KDE Bugzilla with KDE4 approaching. This is
> because of all the old cruft (KDE3 based bug reports), which is unlikely to
> be cleaned up if we don't do it now.
>
> Besides our users I'd like to hear what our (core) developers think of this
> idea and how we should do this. That's why I ask here at k-c-d.
>
> Would this be a good idea to do?

It should be done for components that have been deprecated and are not shipping any \
longer, like kmilo or kicker (critical, grave and major might be an exception, so \
they can be fixed in a KDE3.5.x bugfix release). But a general amnesty is not a good \
idea. Many KDE4 applications are based on KDE3 code, and several bugs will still \
apply.

However this discussion will end, please exclude product "kmix" from any automated \
close. I'm regulary cleaning the bugs myself (including "pinging" the bug repoter). \
Everything that is now in the Bugzilla for KMix is a valid report: It either needs to \
be verified in KDE4, implemented, or there are other very good reasons to keep the \
reports open.

  Christian