List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Closing all bugs?
From:       Tom Albers <tomalbers () kde ! nl>
Date:       2007-12-11 10:55:40

Op Tuesday 11 December 2007 08:07 schreef u:
> A better strategy is to look at which apps have the higherst bugcount (and
> are released in 4.0) and start triaging them a bit more aggressively. Low
> hanging fruit and all that.
> That is something you can do right now :)

Right, We need at least 50-100 bug triage people to triage the ones already filed and \
keep up to date with the new ones arriving. If you get those people we can do it your \
way! Which i very much prefer.

Bug triage can only work (motivation wise) when things get done with traiged bugs. I \
would love to have such a filter/triage system.

This request/idea is based on the fact that there are more users than developers. \
Asking the users to do a bit more work to help the developers is a very small price \
for them. When we inform them well and ensure them that when they reopen the bug they \
will be looked at, I really dont see the problem. A lot of hands make work easy.

I could even argue it would be good for the community. This is case where we can \
interact with the users. There are a lot of people that want to help kde and do not \
know how. Them rechecking their bugs and reopening them with more info will satisfy \
them in their need to help (anyone still following my mind?).

Having a smaller bug database with valid bugreports is worth a lot.

Toma