List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Closing all bugs?
From:       "Gary L. Greene Jr." <greeneg () tolharadys ! net>
Date:       2007-12-10 22:52:00

On Monday 10 December 2007 02:44:51 pm Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> >I was very upset when not much ago i got a mail saying a bug i had
> > opened for Mandriva and they had never cared to answer was being closed
> > because it was old.
> >
> >Same applies here.
>
> I don't agree that it's the same.
>
> This isn't about bugs being old or stale.
>
> It's about them not being valid anymore because it's no longer the same
> codebase.
>
> The one reason I see for not closing them, as someone pointed out on IRC,
> is that KDE 3 is not going anywhere.

Agreed. There are a number of Enterprise level distributions out there that
will likely need to keep using KDE 3.5.x for a while yet. Because of this,
there really needs to be _some_ support still on-going for security and
severe data-loss type bugs that may still be in the KDE 3 code base.

--
Gary L. Greene, Jr.
Sent from: peorth.tolharadys.net