List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Plans for khotkeys?
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2007-12-08 21:53:19

On 07.12.07 11:43:42, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Friday 07 of December 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Anyway, I think I'm nearly at getting the whole thing to work again (at
> > least manually), but now I'm hitting a strange bug. I start the kdeinit
> > module manually with kdeinit4_wrapper khotkeys, because it seems thats
> > the only way to start it.
>
>  It's actually a kded module, the binary is the usual ugly non-xinerama
> multihead hack. If you want to use the binary for debugging, make sure you
> have the kded module disabled.

I can't seem to get into the actual code to debug this. When stepping
through the kdemain of the khotkeys application it always exits at the
if( !KHotKeys::start() )

part. And trying to attach to the running khotkeys instance with gdb and
setting a breakpoint doesn't work either.

I also noticed that I don't seem to see some of the kDebug calls from
the kded stuff or the kdeinit module. Neither in any of the open shells
nor in .xsession-errors.

Any hint how to get into the process is appreciated, problem is that the
connect happens during start of that process and not sometime later...

Does the dbus-stuff need to work? (I didn't yet port the kded module to
dbus)

Andreas

--
If your life was a horse, you'd have to shoot it.