List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: [RFC] Use QFileSystemWatcher as another method for KDirWatch?
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-12-06 21:02:28

On Thursday 06 December 2007, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:

> With my patch this works too (just copied the relevant parts from
> KDirWatch/inotify - support)
> Looks like inotify can't watch non existant files/dirs at all.

Thats correct, thats why kdirwatch implements it, instead of having to
duplicate that functionality in each application that needs it :-)

There are some other limitations of the Qt classes. Thats why I don't think it
makes sense to use it by default - even though it provides a slightly nicer
API. The API could have been cleaned up (well, not now anymore).

Greetings,
Dirk