List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: My Computer
From:       Kevin Ottens <ervin () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-11-27 7:42:09

Hello,

While you guys fight on useless bikeshedding and claiming dubious "scientific"
(ahahah) arguments, I'll take care of Will's mail which is actually
interesting...

Le dimanche 25 novembre 2007, Will Stephenson a écrit :
> While I think it's neat to show places there, I miss the high level access
> to system config

Actually that's something we can do easily I think (likely to be a few lines
patch). Willing to work on it or I put that on my TODO?

> (another thread in a galaxy far far away suggests putting
> YaST modules in systemsettings, but that's beside the point,

Nothing I can do about this, but I'd love it indeed. :-)

> and I
> particularly miss being able to see there what the free space in /home was.

Well, in my opinion it's not an issue, I don't think that's really the main
purpose of this tab. I see it more as a convenient access to the places which
matter to the user (also that assumes /home is a separate partition and it's
not the case in every setup). And last, Dolphin displays this which is
probably a better place since you've it at hand when you're doing
filemanagement.

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."