List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdesu default super-user-command
From:       Thomas Friedrichsmeier <thomas.friedrichsmeier () ruhr-uni-bochum ! de>
Date:       2007-11-25 15:44:02

On Saturday 24 November 2007, Allen Winter wrote:
> Will kdesu from KDE4 behave exactly as the kdesu from KDE3?
> Will it have the same command line options?

As far as I am aware, yes, or least almost. It does have the same command line
options (but I have not tested all of them). The "nonewdcop" option seems to
be ignored, but is still present.

> If not, we need to reconsider the decision to move kdesu back into bin
> and keep it named "kdesu" instead of "kdesu4".

Wherever it kdesu itself will go, I believe kdesu_stub should definitely in
libexec. It is not really useful in its own right, and we might well want to
change the details of that in the future (to make it work better with sudo).

Regards
Thomas