Simon Edwards wrote: > Aaron J. Seigo wrote: >> it's a matter of categorization and positioning, with the aim to make >> it easier for people to sort it out. there's also the Fitt's Law issue >> with having maximize in the top left, though few seem to care about >> that (granted, it mostly benefits people using maximized windows) > > Fitt's law doesn't apply in this (special) case. If you need the > maximise button then the window is not maximised and chances are the > maximise button is _not_ positioned in the top left corner of the > screen. 50% right and also 50% wrong. The maximize button toggles maximization. Hence, I need it too to de-maximize a window to its original size. > Which means that the target area of the maximise button is just > the button itself, and not the screen edges. > >> i know that there are people who are very used to all the buttons >> being on the right and don't like it any other way. i'm just not sure >> that's a good enough reason to submit everyone else to that as a default. > > Changing the buttons around like this is murder for those of us that > work in mixed environments daily. (I've tried this a few years back). So you just don't use it. I understand it is meant to be configurable... > Any benefit of the new configuration is outweighed by disadvantage that > it is so nonstandard. I've not tried it but I'm open to the idea. -- Kurt Pfeifle System & Network Printing Consultant ---- Linux/Unix/Windows/Samba/CUPS Infotec Deutschland GmbH ........................... Kesselstrasse 19 A RICOH Company ........................... D-70327 Stuttgart/Germany