List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: gcc -Woverloaded-virtual
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-11-21 14:50:05

On Wednesday 21 November 2007, Matthias Kretz wrote:
> What about "using" statements to silence some warnings where applicable? They
> don't change anything wrt the resulting code, right?
Well, they do. The warning says a virtual method is hidden, while adding a "using" \
statement makes it visible again. What we're missing is a way to say "yes I wanted to \
hide this method from the base class"...

> I remember that we had
> compiler issues with using at some point, do we still support compilers that
> don't like using?
I don't think we still support them, I have seen a number of "using" clauses being \
used.